Objective: Provide common high-level phenomenological and theoretical background about the new lamellar description of mixing, and first contacts with state of the art experimental and computational techniques.
- Prerequisite on hydrodynamics and transfers: low Reynolds number flow, turbulence, Brownian motion, diffusion equation, relevant dimensionless numbers
- The lamellar approach of mixing: Ranz’s transform, application to simple flows
- Stirring protocols and concentration distributions: a consequence of the stretching protocol on the concentration distribution (sine-flow, turbulent flow, porous media, suspensions)
- Experimental techniques: index-matching, laser-induced fluorescence with hands-on demonstrations
- Overview on mixing applications and industrial processes: history of mixing optimization, requirements and prospective for industrial applications
This workshop will be held at the IUSTI institution in Marseille (château-gombert).
You can download the program here: Prog_Copermix_Workshop1
If you would like to participate please register here: https://copermix.sciencesconf.org